Pages

Jun 5, 2011

New Project~

the possible logo...

 Yes, that's right. I already have a new project waiting to be worked on after (P)lanets.
"W-wait, what about that kinetic novel you were working on?"
I put it on hold. The script is done (it just needs to be proofread), but I feel like still need to improve my skill before I start doing the art for it. Since it's not interactive, I feel like it needs some super awesome art to make up for that. Besides, I don't think it's that highly anticipated, so no one will care XD
Anyway, back to this new project!



Title - Circum[N]avigate
Genre - Scifi/Fantasy, Otome, Relaxation (That's not a genre, but it seems fitting XD)
Plot - Above a quaint village called 'Satori' is a floating island, 'Ciel', held up with the power of the
air spirits. Mana is an apprentice derivara, one who brings mails and various deliveries
to Ciel on flying staffs. Because Ciel is cut off from the rest of the world, the derivara are
a necessary component to keep the community thriving. Their job used to be a peaceful one,
but as the centuries passed, the power of the air spirits has weakened. The threat of Ciel falling
and killing those beneath it gradually becomes greater, causing panic and many fueds between the residents. Now, the derivara are in constant danger of being sabotaged on their deliveries, due to
the growing hatred between the villages. Is there a way to reunite them and restore power to the air spirits?

Main Characters 

Mana -
Age - 17
Bio - The heroine (me!). I'm an apprentice derivara and I've lived in Satori my whole life. I try to keep a positive outlook on life at all times. You may think I'm naive for this, but don't underestimate me for that. I can easily K.O. whoever I please.


Reimei -
Age - 19
Bio - He's also an apprentice derivara, and has been training
with me since we were young. He lives with me and my grandpa, which has cause a lot of rumors to be spread about us, but there's nothing going on, I swear! Around adults he's quite composed and doesn't speak out of turn, but when he and I are alone the true side of Reimei comes out... scary...

Haku -
Age - ???
Bio - A strange boy who shows up whenever he pleases. He's rather teasing and usually has a mischievious smile on his face. But there's more to him than it seems... I can't explain why, but he has the ability to turn invisible, and he's often causing all kinds of trouble for me. It can get annoying sometimes... I think he gets great satisfaction out of causing misfortune for others. Someone teach this guy some socialskills. Despite that, he doesn't seem the type that would physically harm someone... I think.

Fain -
Age - 18
Bio - A resident of the floating island Ciel. I make deliveries to him on an almost daily basis. He's quite peaceful and easy-going, and spends a lot of time sleeping. He always wants me to stay for tea, even though I'm not supposed to stay in Ciel for long. Although he has a gentle air about him, he lives alone and doesn't seem to have friends. There are strange rumors about him and many seem to avoid him. Weird, he seems pretty nice to me...

Side Characters

Grandpa -
Age - I lost count a while ago
Bio - He's not really my grandpa, but I call him that since he adopted me when I was a child and he's... well, he's old. He also happens to be my derivara teacher. He's a really skilled flier and has perfect balance. You'd think he'd make a lot of deliveries himself because of that, but he loves making Reimei and me do everything for him... for no pay, of course... -sigh-

Ainen -
Age - 17
A good friend of mine who lives in Satori. I tell her a lot of my secrets and feelings. Whenever I'm around her, I always feel full of energy. She loves gossip a bit too much... sometimes I suspect she's the start of those rumors going around about Reimei and I. For a certain reason, she can't be a derivara, but she still helps us out in many ways.

Progress:
Story Planning - 90%
Character art - 1%
Script - 1%
CGs - 0%

Taking place in a mixture of futuristic and rural setting, this is a big experiment for me. Don't expect many updates to this until I finish (P)lanets, but I wanted to go ahead and let you guys know that I am working on something else. Anyway, I know there are many otome games in development now and some people are probably getting tired of it, so I tried my best to create a unique concept.
Unfortunately, I'll need a background artist for this game, since the setting is quite unique.
I... kind of doubt I'll find one though... orz... but if anyone is willing to help, please~~~~ won't be needing one anytime soon though, so there's absolutely no rush.

I'm not sure when I will make a thread for this at Lemma... probably after I finish Planets. I mean, I kinda hate the idea of having multiple WIP threads. I don't want to fill up the forum with my stuff, it seems kinda selfish D:

*Before anyone asks, the floating island idea was inspired by both Rune Factory Frontier and Mana Khemia 2. If anyone was going to ask... lol. *

7 comments:

  1. OOOOoo i'm intrested :O

    and you kinow ill proff read for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and learn how to spell proof too lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Age - I lost count a while ago"
    LOL I liked this comment.
    Haha Reimei is the token 幼なじみ in this game! 8D every otome game needs one lolol :P can't wait for this, it sounds super interesting!!!! :O I like the heroine, she sounds very confidant~ I'm very interested in this, the plot sounds cool!! It's a plot that can involve a lot of deep understanding when you think about it, if done correctly, and I know you're going to do a fantastic job! Pretty excited for this, can't wait to see it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh really I can` t wait , your art is pretty good and the plot sounds promisin , also I hope there will be some bishies and romance in it. Anyway you r projects are great can` , t wait for updates of course after Planets is finally released ( I hope that day comes faster ( but take you r time , so that you can make something good ), the demo made crazy for more and of course after Kaius .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I would love to proofread for you :)
    Course you're going to have to send m e stuff to proof to prove that I'm worthy of proofing.
    Wow, highly confusing sentence...huh..

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! Can't wait for it to come out! (>.<;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this still being worked on? Since I haven't seen many updates for it :/

    ReplyDelete