Pages

Mar 2, 2011

New... everything!

Haven't updated for a little while but that's not to say I haven't been working hard!The script is now at 70,000 words. I wonder if I can reach 100,000 words? Maybe that would be too long for this type of a game... quality > quantity. As long as it takes to tell the story, is how long it will be.
I'm working on updating pretty much.. everything. New backgrounds,new music, new menus... new everything! Hopefully the game can look much more polished now! I have to admit I'm quite happy with it so far!



Maybe you're wondering how exactly the decision points in this game work!
The game is pointbased. You have to get a certain number of points with a guy to get his good ending, and if you have a low amount of points, you get a bad ending. There are normal decisions (worth 10 points) and key decisions (worth 20 points). Making the wrong choice on a key decision will cause you to lose a lot of points, which = bad ending. But of course, you don't know how many points you have!! I'll provide a walkthrough, of course!
In other news, I've been working hard on the programming aspect of the game moreso than anything else. So for this month, I will work very hard on the CGs. How many CGs should a game have? I really don't know. Most games I've played have a *very* small amount of CGs (even commercial games) but I don't want that to be the case for mine. Event CGs make the game more exciting! Maybe I'll make a goal to have 40 CGs - That's ten featuring each guy, then ten for whatever else, like group pictures. But now that I say that, it seems like a lot of work XD Sometimes I wish I would have recruited people to help me... OTL. Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment