Pages

Apr 16, 2011

I hate technology

Over the weekend I got a virus on my computer which has completely destroyed everything.
This accurately describes my feelings
Literally... everything. Including windows itself. I no longer have a taskbar, icons, a mouse, nothing but a black screen that does absolutely nothing.


But luckily, I have everything game related backed up on a flashdrive. So it still LIVES!
However, I have lost everything else. All of my drawings, writings, videos, music, everything has disappeared into the great black abyss that is now my computer. This is why I hate technology. Yes it's great when it works. But you can't rely on it at all. It could be working perfect one day then the next day everything is all OMGWTF.
I will now have to get a new computer which is a huge hassle. The only good thing coming out of this is that I can finally get windows 7 now (yay?).
Lessons learned:
1. Back up your game.
2. When firefox tells you that you are about to enter a reported attack site, it's probably telling the truth, and you should not go there anyway. (ORZ)
3. Backup your game. No really. Backup your game right now

7 comments:

  1. That's too bad! I've gotten plenty of viruses, but the most important thing is to scan every day. Try superantispyware. It's the only one that really works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks! You should download avast! Antivirus. It's really good and you don't have to do scannig all the time. It only slows down computer a little bit, but that's acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother has allowed me to use his desktop computer until I'm able to obtain one of my own. ^^ So for now it's all good... thanks for your recommendations guys, I'll check those out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OAO;; -backs up game on my USB this moment along with all my *important* pictures- OAO;; Y-You're so luck you got it all saved (if it was me, I woulda been screwed OTL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol yeah, I didn't ever back up my game until recently, Thank god I did before this happened! X'D computers can implode at any moment XD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i dunno but even when i've got a virus on my computer this has never happened. I used avast! as my antivirus and it contains all those stupid viruses on its chest untouched and harmless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't have any antivirus software on my old computer at all so I was unprotected ^^;
    My brother recommended I download AVG antivirus~ I heard avast is good too though ^o^

    ReplyDelete